Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7, 2009

I tramped all over Missoula today. I started with a bike ride to Food for Thought ~ a local restaurant across the street from the University of Montana. I have given up on pancakes/flapjacks on the west coast. They just don't know how to make them. Tough and chewy ~ you need a steak knife to cut through them.

Seems like the University is a good place for students interested in earth sciences.

I went to the library to discover my glasses were broken. At the book store I bought the only pair of 3.00 reading glasses. Bifocal style with a stunning leopard print. Back to the library to update the blog and check emails. I left the library and rode my bike back to the motel and waited out the passing shower.

After the rain shower passed I took a 20 minute walk to find Open Road Bicycles - the store I would use to ship my bike back home. On the walk back I stumbled upon Bernice's bakery and had an ice tea. I will return there for breakfast tomorrow. I stayed at Bernice's for a while and read my book. I also read the local newspaper. I noticed an ad for a "farm league" baseball game for today. No location or time was given.

I decided to take one of the many bike/pedestrian trails back to the University and get details on a computer about the game. The ballpark is off of Orange street. Starts at 7:00. Box tickets on the third base line are $9.00.

Later I walked down Main Street to grab a pizza at a place recommended to me by the park ranger at the Lolo visitor center. Very good. The Osprey (the equivalent of the Rock Cats) are a farm league for the Arizona Diamond Backs. I stayed till the seventh leaving with the score of 8 to 6. I left before the game as I was tired and getting cold. Temperatures were to dip down to 45 and the chill was setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment