Saturday, September 5, 2009

september 3, 2009

I am temporarily out of the communication black hole of Idaho so I will update you on the days I have been absent.

Thursday was a flat ride with tailwinds. Love those tailwinds. The temperature was mid 80's and partly cloudy. The ride followed the snake river. Not much shoulder room but the traffic was light.

The scenery was nice. Sorta like upper state Vermont or New Hampshire. No pictures today. I packed the camera rain was in the forecast.

Three mishaps today that had me calling car rentals to end the trip. No luck. So looks like I'm going to have to grin and bear it.

1. Threw out my map at Subway by mistake.
2. Front flat tire. (I think I qualify for the Tour d'France pit crew.)
3. Front bag screw came out.

I found my warmshower house in Kooskia. Laurie is the host. The house belonged to her grandmother. When I spoke to Laurie she was in Illinois for cancer consultation/treatments. With all she must be dealing with, she didn't skip a beat to get me directions. (Laurie ~ I pulled the trash can to the front of the house in hope someone would take it.) Laurie was on my mind throughout the day.

The house was a classic. Very 50's. Reminds me of my Grandma Wards house only allot cleaner. Even has a rotary phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment