Lewis and Clark trail west to east. The trail extends from Astoria, Oregon to Hartford, Illinois a distance of more than 3,200 miles. President Jefferson's planned expedition through the Lousiana Purchase took more than two years and is considered a feat compariable to the landing of the moon.
I hope to cover a third of this in three weeks. I will start from Portland Oregon with a final destination of Helena, MT.
Thankfully I have a bicycle and paved roadways. I will be able to experience many of the same sights, sounds, and elements that Capt. William Clark and Capt. Meriwether Lewis encountered. The sense of exploration, awe and discovery.
Another bonus of bicycle travel is the people you meet along the way. I love discovering America and the people that make this country great.
Ten more days till the plane leaves. I've hauled the gear out of the attic. Made an inventory. Set up the tent. Rolled out the sleeping bag. Fired up the cook stove. Made the check list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment