Thursday, August 27, 2009

Portland


I took full advantage of a sunny dry day. First stop was the Powell Book store. This stop was recommended to me by the couple I sat next to on the plane. It is the largest family owned book store in the country. It was amazing. As dorky as is sounds, better than a library. The brick building is three stories high and is divided up to into multiple rooms, each with it's own color. Neat place.

Then I rode up to the daily farmers market. Good stuff. Mushrooms, peaches, strawberries, tomatoes, garlic, salmon, cheese. I picked up a few items for tomorrows cookout.

From there I took a climb up to Keller Woods. From a few vantage points you could see the city, the Columbia river, the many bridges crossing it and Mt. Hood in the distance.

After a hot shower I met up with Chuck at the Horse Brass for a few beers and some fish and chips. Nice place. Good company. Conversation was easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment