I packed the bags and hitched them up to the bike. I think I am actually 10-15 pounds lighter than my last trip. Half of that weight reduction came of my frame. I also rid myself of a heavy tarp, bought a lighter tent, and reduced the clothes. I even have extra room and I am resisting the temptation of filling space. For those of you have hiked or biked, you have a greater appreciation of understanding that every ounce lost is big.
I recently read about warmshowers.org and signed myself up both as a host and a participant. It's an online source for finding places to stay for those traveling by bicycle. Sounds like a great resource and a neat way to meet the locals.
The Lewis & Clark Trail is listed as one of the 1000 places to see before you die. The Columbia River Gorge in Oregon specifically. Another one to cross off the list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment